Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Time

So Jack is almost 10 months old. It has been a busy few months and its getting busier. Jack is a professional crawler. He has taken a few steps and even more falls (which scare the heck out of me!) He has 6 teeth and they are the cutest teeth of ALL time (I know I am biased... but I dont care:))

I think that we are finally getting this whole work/life thing balanced out. Jack gets to spend a half day each week with each of his grandmas and his baby sitter fills in the blanks. I love that both grandmas are so willing to help and I think its really good for him to be able to spend that quality time with him. I was so worried at first that it might seem like a job to them but since its only one day a week I think its special for everyone involved.

I am working 3 to 4 half days a week- it doesnt sound like a lot and sometime I feel like I should be there more often but Im usually not that far behind and in the end I would rather be known as a good mom than someone who never misses a deadline... not that I support laziness... I just support finding a good balance and going with what works for each person. I never want to be "that mom" who acts like she has the only way. I have decided in that last few months that I dont care what others think about me as a mom. If it works then do it. And unless I ask for your opinion I probably dont want to hear it (and now im getting off of my soapbox):)
Family Picture by Kayla Russel


Things that Jack can do now:

He points...I know it sounds trivial but its funny
He dances- he loves to dance to jazz and blues or the Elmo song:)
He took 5 steps
He gives his dog brothers their "crunchies"
He gives kisses...but only when he feels like it
He loves his aunts and uncles
He is in 12 month clothing
He recently discovered the dogs water bowl- this is NOT cute
He also recently discovered the toilet- even LESS cute!!!
He loves going on walks and grocery shopping
He wont sit still for diaper change even if you beg- we are working on that one
He LOVES bath time
He waives "bye bye"- and i LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
He likes to feed himself
Jack sleeping on the ferry back from Mackinack Island


Im happy...not always smiling... but I would say Im pretty lucky that I get to spend life with my two favorite boys and our silly dogs<3

Love this boy<3

At Aunt Rae's wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment